This was always the risk with arming the Syrian rebels. AQ linked rebels could easily take, steal, or acquire any weapons we supply them with. Either way, it’s not looking good for the “moderate” rebels, like elsewhere in the Middle East the well armed often rule in the in governed spaces. Syria is no exception.
- Syrian surprise: Al-Qaeda branch kills rebel leaders; invades oil field(examiner.com)
- Desperate Syrian Rebels Turn Homes Into Weapons Factories (ambulivictor.wordpress.com)
- Syrian regime pounds rebel bastion Yabroud (dailystar.com.lb)
- U.S. Suspends Non-Lethal Aid to Syrian Rebels Because Militants Taking All U.S. Materials (matthewaid.com)
- UK halts non-lethal aid to Syria (seattletimes.com)